WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode and preferences
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
SHARING YOUR DATA
We securely share your data with the following companies in order to provide you with the services we offer:
- Cool Camping & Bedful – This is our booking system. When you make an online booking, or when you ask us to do so on your behalf, you do so via the Cool Camping booking system, Bedful. For more information see the privacy policies for Cool Camping, Bedful.
- Mailchimp – This is the company we use to manage our mailing list. You will be informed on sign up before your data is shared.
- Google Analytics – We use this as our analytics system to gather statistical data about visitors to our website. This helps us to improve our service. All data is anonymised.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE DATA WE COLLECT WHEN YOU MAKE A BOOKING
When you book a stay with us, we need certain information from you to complete the booking process, as follows.
When you book directly over the phone or via email and you choose to pay in cash, we will only ask for your full name, email address, address and contact number. We need this information so we can allocate your pitch / accommodation, for our own accounts and record keeping and so we can send you your booking confirmation and essential information about your stay.
When you make an online booking, or when you ask us to do so on your behalf, you do so via the Cool Camping booking system, Bedful. To pay for your booking this way Cool Camping and Bedful needs your full postal address that matches the credit or debit card you pay with, as well as your name, email address and phone number. This information is shared with us at Cowpots Camping to complete the booking process. It is also shared with Stripe, which is our card payment system. You will see this option at the checkout and you will need to select it and enter your card details before your data is shared. It is secure and your data will only be used to process your order. For more information see the privacy policies for Cool Camping, Bedful and Stripe.
We may also collect other information that is relevant to your booking in response to any specific requests or queries you have made.
We will only use your information to complete the booking procedure and to contact you about the booking. You are welcome to ask us at any point, what data we have, how we keep it and we will be happy to delete it on request. If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Cowpots Camping, Pen Back Farm, Ciffig, Whitland SA34 0NG
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.